Code freeze

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 12:04:33 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 11:24 -0500, Kim Quirk wrote:
> Thanks for doing this work, Marco!
>
> I want to add an Update1 blocker, 5671, which is how to get a
> developer key. In the previous versions there was a link from the
> laptop to get a developer key (from the 'about your XO' in the
> browser)... I can't find that link in the most recent joyrides.
>
> Also, we need an Update1 release that includes a lot more stuff from
> joyride so we can be testing the update1 rather than Joyride.

Yes, some people have not been asking for approvals as they should;
update.1 is further from joyride than it ought to be.  I've asked Dennis
to get me a diff between joyride and update.1 so I can figure out what's
left.  We really need the new workflow features for trac to help our
visibility into the state of things, and Noah is working on them for us,
but it won't happen in time for Update.1.

Also, uploads for picking up translations are due about now, per
Sayamindu's mail; getting to RC1 requires a timely response by people
doing that (without uploading activities with tons of unapproved
features, I'm *hoping*).

> Jim - are there a bunch of things that should be in update1 that
> haven't moved from joyride yet?  Do you think it will be possible to
> get an Update1 build this week with as much stuff from joyride as was
> slated to get in?

Dunno yet.  If we can't get a build together by RC1, we'll clearly have
to slip.

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child