Browse in GS

Yuan Chao yuanchao at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 12:59:13 EST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 3:36 AM, Rob Logan <Rob at logan.com> wrote:

> Got my GOGO yesterday. The pdf viewer does an outstanding
> job imaging http://rob.com/airports/afd/nc_212_25OCT2007.pdf
> but if I pre-process and pre-size it into 8 grays in a
> fixed colormap via gs | pnmcut | ppmquant -map  8gray | pnmtopng

> and view the result in the browser it expands the image
> so I can't use all 1200x900 like the pdf viewer can.
The screen resolution is always 1200x900 in either mode. However, IIRC
the browswer
activity has tuned to scale the images such that they looks normal to
a normal PC. Sorry that I don't know how to turn off this but you can
always d/l an official build of firefox via terminal.

> How do I browse with the DCON in grayscale or make
> images that the DCON or browser won't expand?
You can play around the display mode through the
/sys/devices/platform/dcon/. (no effect on scaling) Details can be
found on wiki.laptop.org. Hopefully there will be a hot key to switch
between color mode and b/w mode with back light. (currently only color
and b/w w/o back light)

--
Best regards,
Yuan Chao