Browse in GS

Rob Logan Rob at Logan.com
Thu Dec 20 14:36:49 EST 2007

Got my GOGO yesterday. The pdf viewer does an outstanding
job imaging http://rob.com/airports/afd/nc_212_25OCT2007.pdf
but if I pre-process and pre-size it into 8 grays in a
fixed colormap via gs | pnmcut | ppmquant -map  8gray | pnmtopng
http://rob.com/airports/afd/nc_212_25OCT2007.png
or the larger 16 grays in a 4bit grayscale via
gs | pnmcut | ppmquant -map 16gray | pnmtopng
http://rob.com/airports/afd/nc_212_25OCT2007gs.png
and view the result in the browser it expands the image
so I can't use all 1200x900 like the pdf viewer can.

How do I browse with the DCON in grayscale or make
images that the DCON or browser won't expand?

			Rob