Laptop debug

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Dec 20 21:56:12 EST 2007

No.  You can use a standard USB/RS-232 serial converter, but
you will also need a voltage translator (such as a Maxim MAX3233 ---
you used to be able to get free samples from Maxim) and a male and
female connector to connect to the board.   I'll dig up the connector
spec (Digikey carries them) and pinout and post them on the Wiki
soon.  Remind me if you are in a rush.

The debug adapters cost us around $100 to make, due to the small
quantity built.  We treasure them dearly, as we sometime need 50 or
more in a testbed!

wad