Issue while upgrading firmware

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Dec 20 18:47:04 EST 2007

> I have ran into a problem, though.  During the OFW "ok" prompt, I type
> "flash u:\q2d07.rom", the systems reads the new firmware, but then
> gives me the following message: "AC not present" and stops.  What am I
> missing here?  What is AC exactly?

"AC" means external wall power, normally from the AC coming out of a wall
outlet.

If you interrupt updating the firmware, your XO becomes useless.  You may see
the term "brick" used here.  An XO with broken firmware is about as useful as
a brick.

The firmware is checking to make sure you are likely to have enough power to
finish.