Issue while upgrading firmware

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:28:21 EST 2007

On 12/20/07, elw at stderr.org <elw at stderr.org> wrote:
> Alternating Current -- you really want to be plugged into a wall to
> upgrade firmware.

Ha ha, I can't believe the "AC" meant that!  And here I was thinking
it was some kind of checksum.  Sometimes we try the dangest solutions
for the simplest problems.

> [Complete loss of power - what you get if your battery runs down - may
> brick a machine in the middle of its firmware update.]

Not an issue with me. I'd never upgrade without having the battery
fully-charged, but I guess I understand the plugging requirement:
children will be the ones dealing with the machines after all.

-Ivo