Activity depends on Fedora-packaged binary code

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Thu Dec 13 22:29:27 EST 2007

> Yeah.  The OpenSolaris Governing Board voted unaminously earlier this
> year that it would be against that community's interests to dual-license
> OpenSolaris under CDDL/GPL, so such a move is certainly not a matter of
> "go ahead and get around to".

The OGB membership changes (elections are 'soon', even, for OGB seats).
Ideas change.  And there are quite a few reasons other than "we don't want
to share" behind those sorts of moves on the part of OpenSolaris.  (Folks
really *do* want to share -- but there is a large amount of fear that
people in the Linux distro community will completely screw things up by,
e.g., forking the code in unwise ways.)

> (And they were talking about GPLv3, not GPLv2, which is the start of
> another long mail thread.  Let's not and pretend we did.)

Yes, let's not.  :-)

--e