Help wanted: video demo!

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Dec 11 16:29:11 EST 2007

We need a demo which shows off the full-screen video capabilities of
the XO.  Unfortunately, Record compresses its input rather heavily, so
it's not a great demo for video playback.  We bundle the Ogg Theora
codecs, and Browse can play media files full-screen, so the first step
is for someone to invest some time in transcoding an appropriate demo
movie (I suggest
http://www.elephantsdream.org/ -- some ogg transcoding linked from
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Elephants_Dream ) to an appropriate bit
rate / size for the XO.  Make it look good!

It may be that we need to find a higher-performance (but still free)
codec or some such to make this really look good.  Help here could be
useful, too.

Thanks for your help!
 --scott
--