Fake mesh over IP.

Miguel Álvarez miguel at laptop.org
Tue Dec 4 17:15:53 EST 2007

Hi Ian,

I think that you're rather interested on the presence service and activity
sharing. That can be done independently of the mesh range, as it relies (in
the infrastructure mode) on jabber servers. I guess there will be designated
server(s) for G1G1 recipients, but that can be manually configured if
necessary.

Cheers,

Miguel

On Dec 4, 2007 11:07 PM, Ian Stirling <olpc at mauve.plus.com> wrote:

> Is there any fake mesh-over-ip protocol?
> Basically if - as with most of the G1G1 laptops - you're out of range of
> any other laptops, is there any way to fake a mesh?
>
> For example, you enter a (perhaps fake) lat/lon, and a you get a virtual
> radio that has a 100Km range.

violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
--isaac asimov