clean installation of 643.

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Dec 4 03:25:00 EST 2007

  Thank you, John,

> The autoinstaller is not working properly.  This is a known problem, but
> given that the preferred method of upgrade is now over the network, it
> has not been a priority.

  Is preferred method really over the network?  I'm so ignorant about
it, but what is the current theory of upgrading?  Does the current
scheme let people download a 300MB file over the wireless?  (I haven't
tried it by myself, but does T-Mobile connection stable enough to let
them do it generally?)

  There was long discussion of partial update, XO-to-XO update, etc.
How is it going?  Or is it just working?

> To install the firmware from a USB stick using OFW:
> flash path_to_file
>    where path_to_file is usually something like u:q2d05.rom
> You can use:  dir u: to list the contents of the USB stick.
>
> To install a build from a USB stick using OFW:
> copy-nand path_to_file
>
> This will overwrite all data on the laptop.  Make sure to backup
> anything
> you want to keep!

  Yes, I have been doing this now and then.  Thank you!

-- Yoshiki