GTK widgets in C# was: Re: WSJ

Torello Querci torello at torosoft.com
Mon Dec 3 04:24:44 EST 2007

Alle giovedì 29 novembre 2007, Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu ha scritto:
> Im already working on this. Im working on it in a way though to run more
> effficiently than running as a normal JIT and instead working on a compiler
> of IL that can use the mono libs. We already have quite a bit working.
Sorry Chad,

I don't understand what you're doing.  Is it like the AOT (Ahead Of Time
compiler)? If so, I know that this function works in the mono compiler.
I never use it because, when you use the AOT option to compile a program, the
metadata are stored the usual way, but the native code for all the functions
is also included in the final binary, so the size grows.

Ok, you can save the startup time the JIT compiler, but it is generally fast
and called only once per each method, do I don't know how much performance
improvement you get.

Best Regards
Torello Querci