GTK widgets in C# was: Re: WSJ

Torello Querci torello at torosoft.com
Mon Dec 3 04:19:17 EST 2007

Alle mercoledì 28 novembre 2007, Scott Cytacki ha scritto:
> Torello Querci wrote:
> > If you're interested in supporting Mono on the OLPC, I can create
> > a wiki where I'll put the code I've already written, because at this
> > time I'm
> > working alone.
>
> I am interested in supporting Mono on the OLPC.   One thing I've wanted
> to try is running all of
> Sugar with IronPython.   This ought to give C#, Java (through IKVM), and
> any other mono language:
> http://www.mono-project.com/Languages
> full access to the Sugar widgets and APIs.
>
> I don't have time to try this now, but when I or someone else does, it
> would be helpful to know what is
> necessary to run Mono.
>
> Scott
Hi Scott,

unfortunately, there are a few problems running existing Python code with
IronPython because the glue level between Python and C library is managed in
a different way. Python requires a specific C library to handle native calls,
while IronPython uses PInvoke to do this.

I'm now trying to implement a class library to run any mono program
on Sugar, but being compatible with Python class libraries is not a priority
at this time.

Best Regards,
Torello Querci