Recommendations for WiFi gear

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Dec 1 15:21:06 EST 2007

I don't have any WiFi gear for my XO to talk to.  One of these days, I'm
going to fix that.

Is there an obvious box I should get?  I've only got one XO so there aren't
any others to mesh with.  I'm looking for a way to get to the outside world
that will work with the power saving mode.

If there is a setup that many people with XOs are happily using, I'll just
jump on the bandwagon.

I didn't find a Wiki page on this area.  Did I miss it?

Are people generally using a typical WiFi base-station/router box or adding a
WiFi card to a handy box and setting it up as a router?

My checklist includes;
  Secure
  Works with XO
  Easy to drive
  Reasonable price
Probably in that order.

Fry's/Outpost has the Linksys WRT54GL for $60.  I'm OK with that price so I
doubt if price will be a serious issue.