Auto-building emulator downloads

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Aug 28 20:46:54 EDT 2007

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>> There's a few:
>>
>>     * Qemu installation (for the qemu-img tool that converts to VMWare
>>       disks)
>>     * VirtualBox installation (for the vboxmanage tool that converts to
>>       VirtualBox disks)
>>

> No need for this as VB can run VMWare disk fine.

Duh!  Reading the feature-list of the package would be a good thing I
suppose.  Thanks for the heads up on that.
> I already have scripts in pilgrim to do a sdk build which outputs a
> vmware image with vmware and VB meta files.  Let's build on that and I
> can do sdk builds along with regular builds.
Yay!  J5 rocks.
> I just need to know what
> people think should be in a development image.  BTW the build servers
> run as root and have qemu on them.

Let's start with just the raw official images for now.  I expect to have
a few groups needing input into the SDK, including software and content
developers (Mel can likely help with collecting input there).  For right
now we probably need to start with "make something available" and let
people tell us what they are missing and/or tell us what they are doing
to make the environment more useful for themselves.  Over time we can
flesh out what the developer/content-developer SDK overlay is composed of.

Continuous-builds-are-good-for-iterative-development-ly yr's,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://www.vrplumber.com