Please test Xorg 1.4
bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Aug 26 22:15:31 EDT 2007
I made available a yum repository with the RPM candidates for
Xorg 1.4 and a few other prerequisites for the Ethiopian
keyboard layout and input method.
Xorg 1.4 is the foundation for future input work such as grab
key handling, input rotation and proper touchpad and glide
To test it on your XO:
- Hit CTRL-ALT-F1 to switch to the console
- login as root
- cd /etc/yum.repos.d
- wget http://www.codewiz.org/pub/olpc-bernie/olpc-bernie.repo
- (optionally, disable the olpc-development.repo to speed up yum)
- yum -y update
- cd /etc/X11
- vi xorg.conf
- Comment out all the InputDevice lines in the ServerLayout
- Alternatively, wget -nc http://www.codewiz.org/pub/olpc-bernie/xorg.conf
All this has already been (lightly) tested on both B2 and
B4 laptops. As far as I could see, there were no rendering
bugs. The Camera activity does not seem to work in recent
builds. This is not an Xorg 1.4 bug.
the hal-based configuration protocol is currently broken,
so for now we are using the traditional keyboard and mouse
drivers instead of the more modern evdev. The change in
mouse acceleration is due to the driver change.
Please, test with your favorite activities and report any
glitches. We'd like to shake out most bugs before hitting
the official builds.
// Bernardo Innocenti
More information about the Devel