DejaVu fonts (Was: Ethiopean)

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Aug 23 20:37:08 EDT 2007

Sergey Udaltsov wrote:

> FWIW, yesterday I setup LANG=am_ET.UTF-8 in /etc/sysconfig/i18n and
> rebooted. Sugar was not even able to start (I am using the latest
> stable image). Pure X server starts ok. There were errors during the
> boot process as well (some services reported "FAILED" startup). If
> anyone is interested, I could provide more details.

The same happened to me too.  Seems like a severe bug in glibc's
locale description.  For example, the sort comand would output
lines sorted by length instead of alphabetically!

I'll try again with fedora devel's RPM.   If it doesn't work, then
I guess we should file a bug upstream.

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/