Is there another OLPC image instead of devel ones

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Aug 21 13:41:11 EDT 2007

C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Kleber Infante <corujito at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to know if there is another OLPC image to download instead of devel
>> ones.
>>
> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/LATEST/devel_ext3/olpc-redhat-stream-development-devel_ext3.img.bz2
>
>> this image is a developer image and I want do emulate a (almost) real image
>> of the OLPC system (without any extra feature).
>>

> http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/development/LATEST-STABLE-BUILD/devel_jffs2/
> is the image we are using in our current trials.  It is as close to a
> real image of the system as you can get at the moment (unless you want
> to run the latest bleeding-edge developer code).
>  --scott

If you're using Qemu, ignore this...

Note that you may need the pcnet32 driver to use that image under VMWare
or VirtualBox.  You can find a copy compiled for the 542 build (the
current stable build AFAIK) here:

    http://www.vrplumber.com/olpc/pcnet32.tar.gz

Instructions on installing that package for vmware/virtual box are here:

    http://blog.vrplumber.com/1923

at some point we want to get the pcnet32 and the snd_intel8x0 drivers in
the devel images so that vmware/virtualbox users can just get things
working by downloading and direct conversion of the images into
vmware/virtualbox disks.

HTH,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher