random questions

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Sat Aug 18 12:08:56 EDT 2007

On 8/18/07, NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu> wrote:
> As I know there are LEDs indicating the camera/microphone activity.
> Have you thought about that if a rogue program uses the camera for 1/10
> second in every second then the LED will blink fast enough that the user

Don't know the answer to this one, not being familiar with the
hardware, although I suspect that any such vulnerability is mitigated
by the bitfrost security archiecture: since access to the camera has
to be explicitly requested from bitfrost, bitfrost can ensure that the
camera is "used" for a sufficient amount of time.

> I have seen the video where two 10 years olds are replacing the
> motherboard. I have noticed that they are using several screwdrivers for
> the work. Is it because the XO contains several different screws?
> Probably I am a little bit exaggerating the Nigerian reality but can it
> be that they will not have all the tools for the work? Would it be too
> much of a change to standardize parts that only one screwdriver will be
> enough? Or am I just ignorant?

I took my XO apart yesterday, using only one screwdriver.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )