random questions

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Sat Aug 18 09:26:04 EDT 2007

I have two things I am thinking for a time now:

1.
(paranoid mode on)
As I know there are LEDs indicating the camera/microphone activity.
Have you thought about that if a rogue program uses the camera for 1/10
second in every second then the LED will blink fast enough that the user
will see it as it glows faint? So the user effectively will not see it.
As I know it is driven by the hardware but is there a circuit which
keeps the LED on for enough time (1 sec maybe) that it cannot blink too
fast? The same applies to the mic LED but probably sampling 1/10 of the
sound is worthless.
(paranoid mode off)

2.
I have seen the video where two 10 years olds are replacing the
motherboard. I have noticed that they are using several screwdrivers for
the work. Is it because the XO contains several different screws?
Probably I am a little bit exaggerating the Nigerian reality but can it
be that they will not have all the tools for the work? Would it be too
much of a change to standardize parts that only one screwdriver will be
enough? Or am I just ignorant?