Announce: Compressed Cache for 2.6.21
nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:09:21 EDT 2007
Project Home: http://linuxcompressed.sourceforge.net
Compressed Cache patch for Linux 2.6.21 is released!
As usual, it contains various bug fixes and cleanups (see Changelog).
No new features are added! Stability First - Right? :-)
Following this release, we will be following Project Roadmap posted
There are also plans to start Roadmap Wiki soon!
* Testing Notes (tested on 32-bit x86 only):
Mem = 128M
max_fs_backed_cc_size = 2560 (10M)
max_anon_cc_size = 1280 (5M)
(see http://linuxcompressed.sourceforge.net/help/index.html for
description of above params).
Started Firefox (4 instances), konqueror (3), fillmem test (128M).
No Crashes - system remained responsive.
* Changelog: ccache for 2.6.18 vs 2.6.21
- Some changes due to new RCU locking used for page/swap cache.
- Bug fix: Bug caused NULL pointer errors in some conditions.
- Bug fix: Bug caused /proc/ccache_stats to report incorrect figures.
- Minor cleanups.
Please mail me/mailing list any bugs/issues you find.
PS: Git repository is now seriously outdated! Due to some
proxy/firewall/blah reasons, I am not able to access it. So, released
patches contain the Latest-and-Greatest(tm) stuff :-)
More information about the Devel