Post-August developer-education hardware availability?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 04:22:26 EDT 2007

On 4/13/07, MBurns <maburns at gmail.com> wrote:
> The official line has consitently been no small-scale orders (less
> than 1 million units). Economics of scale, logistics, overhead,
> administration, etc., etc. have been cited as to why this won't yet
> happen in the near future. Frankly, I completely agree with OLPC on
> this, and can't wait for it to get past this stage's deployment
> requirements.

I did see on slashdot a "news" story... announcement about Qanta
meaning to market something based on the XO hardware. Slashdot isn't a
particularly reliable source but I wouldn't be surprised... probably
googling will lead somewhere.

> Several professors at my uni. briefly toyed with the idea of using the
> laptops as a software/hardware/engineering platform for learning.

You'll definitely want them with a more adult-sized keyboard ;-)

cheers,

martin