Firmware WIFI supplicant

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 08:03:40 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 21:41 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > but it's not working. "ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported",
> > apparently.
>
> And from what I see it's BTest3 Milestone as per
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/584 That's the next milestone isn't it?
> ;-)

Yes.  The libertas driver doesn't support WPA yet, which means playing
with wpa_supplicant is pretty useless.  The original driver supported
it, but only though private ioctls which are quite evil and were
removed.

I did actually work on this over the weekend and committed my patches to
libertas git.

http://git.infradead.org/?p=libertas-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=24865957941dc30583b3fee54a8c84b329e1d1a6

wpa_supplicant will now associate and complete the 4-way handshake [1],
but traffic does not pass for reasons I've not yet figured out.  It may
be that the GTK isn't being installed correctly, or something else.
It'd take an 802.11 frame sniffer to figure out, probably.

Dan

[1] at least with a Linksys WRT54GC