Python plug-ins to Gaim

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 19 23:46:43 EDT 2006

Marcos Barbosa wrote:
> Plug-in for the Gaim is one that allows that new plug-ins is written
> in Python. Good to make the integration of the Gaim with other
> aplications as Sugar.

Sugar is not an application in the traditional sense; it's the
environment within which applications run on the laptops. Given our
particular networking constraints (mesh network, connectivity varies
often, etc), it should come as no surprise that we can't really ship
gaim; we'll have to implement our own IM for the mesh, though we
certainly want some kind of interop with regular Jabber servers when
Internet connectivity is available.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D