Bug triage.

Chris Ball cjb at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 15:57:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been looking at our bug list.  Executive summary:  we have 30 open
normal or high priority bugs (9 high, 21 normal) that have not been
commented on or acknowledged since being created.  Of the 30, the
component breakdown is:

  X window system: 2
  display: 4
  distro: 4
  hardware: 2
  infrastructure: 5
  kernel: 3
  linuxbios: 4
  sugar: 6

The full list of these is below.  Since trac doesn't directly support
dependencies, I've also been trying to get an idea of which bugs are
holding up work on bugs related to them.  The two major blockers seem
to be:

  #111: Create IPv6 test net at OLPC
        \- #7: Server and client IPv6 autoconfiguration
        \- #18: Server IPv6 configuration
        \- #19: Laptop network autoconfiguration.
        \- #34: Fix sugar with Avahi/ipv6

  #60: Resume from RAM
       \- #31: Power Manager for OLPC laptops
       \- #33: X Power management work
       \- #45: Virtual terminal switching

The unacknowledged bugs, followed by and sorted by their milestone, are:

High priority:
#106: Update Linuxbios Upgrading wiki page for CL2 and CL2.5 (alpha)
#45: Virtual terminal switching (beta)
#75: Can't pipe to nandwrite (beta)
#104: Touch pad kernel driver (beta)
#105: Touch pad X driver (beta)
#60: Resume from RAM (final)
#29: Gecko caching is pretty broken (final)
#61: rendercheck reports problems with EXA driver (final)
#111: Create IPv6 test net at OLPC (is blocking work on #7, #18, #19, #34)

Normal priority:
#98: a-f segments cause errors in memtest, and fixed region configs are
possibly not set right (alpha)
#30: USB testing infrastructure (beta)
#31: Power Manager for OLPC laptops (beta)
#44: GTK+ Changes for better use (beta)
#81: better trac workflow (beta)
#84: https sites freeze Firefox (beta)
#85: improve sugar-jhbuild sanitycheck (beta)
#86: Sugar starts up as a blank slate (beta)
#87: Firefox freezes when domain not found (beta)
#88: ImportError for vte module (beta)
#91: Getty doesn't run on ttyS0 by default (beta)
#95: Possible LB changes needed for CaFe (beta)
#96: Fix qemu support (beta)
#99: No mappings between build image and GIT commit ID (beta)
#102: Clean /tmp on reboot; create sugar log file (beta)
#67: Non-existent i8040 active multiplexing controller detected
#56: OLPC should run at 66MHz PCI
#97: e820 map incorrectly excludes most of range 0xa0000-100000
#107: Bootmenu should allow interaction via serial
#112: Board ..0958 Failure
#113: LinuxBios flashing procedure seems to need additional step

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at mrao.cam.ac.uk>    <http://blog.printf.net/>