Idea to LinuxIOS

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Thu Sep 14 09:40:01 EDT 2006

At earlier days usb8xxx are outside the kernel and have to say

depmod -a

after building new kernel every time, in which, annoying much.

Now , it was good to see that libertas/usb8xxx.ko will be made
automatically in compiling new kernel.

But in my last test if say y to usb8xxx.ko instead of making it as module
will crash the OLPC at boot time.

IMO: we should make usb8xxx to work under kernel 2.4 and in wider
environment.

regards,
supat