[OLPC-devel] No Makefile exist in Xorg7.2

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Mon Sep 11 23:23:31 EDT 2006

Hi Jim,

I did not understand your words.

I did get Xorg exactly at site you said and it was version 7.1.99.2
It did not have amd but I got amd from another site and it did work
correctly under 7.1.99.2

I did not use jhbuild but simply follow build.sh under /util

And that solve my problem because one line:

CFLAGS=-O2

At the begining of .sh help me to reduce space from 2 GB to be acceptible
to put in usb drive.

BTW: old versions of amd is not the origin of problem in usb8xxx too. So,
please don't worry about old versions I used.

Thank you,
supat
ps. FYI: I am sure the problem is on mechanism to bring up usb8xxx under
slackware because slackware still using kernel 2.4 standard to run hotplug
while fedora use kernel 2.6 method.