OLPC-rc4 with Marvell Wireless Libertas support is now working :) Re: Config Linux BIOS: Is it possible (Re: [OLPC-devel] DOS in Windows Flash Disaster Recovery Utility?

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Thu Sep 7 12:08:34 EDT 2006

Hi Jim Gettys,

I just follow OLPC-rc4 buildrom/work/kernel that you sent me and made new
kernel today and it was amazingly that new firmware usb8xxx.bin work
correctly with sound.

I got the buildrom:

bash-3.00# cd /lin11/buildrom
bash-3.00# ls
Config.mk  README   bin     initrd-rootfs  skeleton  staging
Makefile   Vars.mk  deploy  packages       sources   work
bash-3.00# cd deploy
bash-3.00# ls -l
total 5536
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  614673 Sep  7 14:17 bzImage
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  213034 Sep  7 14:21 initrd
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 1403392 Sep  7 14:21 initrd.uncompressed
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 1048576 Sep  7 14:32 linuxbios.rom
-rw-r--r--  1 root root      33 Sep  7 14:32 linuxbios.rom.md5
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  844975 Sep  7 14:22 olpc-payload.elf
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 1501271 Sep  7 14:17 vmlinux

However, I don't dare to olpcflash it again.

My question is : Is it  risk to use this .rom to flash to Linux BIOS
to OLPC.

I trust this .rom more than the earlier one that cause problem to me.

Because the kernel I compile from it work correctly under slackware that I
trust it so much.

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Jim Gettys wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 08:56 +0700, supat at supat.eu.org wrote:
>

>> I assure you I did use recent kernel that you or someone in OLPC give me
>> via buildrom/work/kernel directory.
>
> You should be using David Woodhouse's git repository hosted on
> infradead.org named olpc-2.6, and no other, for building your kernel.

Thank you so much FYI :)

Where is exactly place that I can get David Woodhouse's git repository?

I have git-1.4 that you gave me but don't know exact command to get your
kernel correctly.

I also already ftp ALL Xorg at place you recommend but seem no .configure
that I can compile the code :(

here is my dir:

bash-3.00# cd /lin2/xorg
bash-3.00# ls
app  data  doc  driver  font  lib  proto  util  xserver
bash-3.00# cd xserver
bash-3.00# ls
CVS  xorg
bash-3.00# cd xorg
bash-3.00# ls
COPYING      Xi            cfb32         doc      mi      xkb
CVS          XpConfig      composite     exa      miext   xorg-server.m4
ChangeLog    Xprint        configure.ac  fb       os
xorg-server.pc.in
GL           acinclude.m4  cpprules.in   hw       randr
Makefile.am  afb           damageext     include  record
XTrap        autogen.sh    dbe           lbx      render
Xext         cfb           dix           mfb      xfixes

How can I create .configure from  configure.ac ?

Using m4?

Thanks,
supat