Config Linux BIOS: Is it possible (Re: [OLPC-devel] DOS in Windows Flash Disaster Recovery Utility?

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Tue Sep 5 23:00:19 EDT 2006

Dear Jim Gettys,

Reason I suspect that it was OLPC Linux BIOS fault because Xorg under
fedora cannot work under slackware environment and it was complain cannot
bring up VGA because no VGA_BIOS under OLPC.

So, it took me long time to ftp the whole ftp.x.org and compile the huge
code to put in slackware. The code is still huge because it was -g by
default, I guess :(

Now slackware can play all X-windows manager including kde w/o problem.

Only the existing one is no eth0 even it can see usb8xxx (Marvell
Wireless) already.

For me, to develop OLPC to be capable of decentralized client of super
computing and not a toy do need to have usb8xxx (Marvell Wireless) to work
correctly globally. So that I can do more work.

At this moment, several persons in Thailand against it by accusing that
OLPC is a toy and not suitable for young students. So, if I cannot show
them to be super computer as I already did in old BIOS at 4th HadYai
conference 2006 recently then bad persons will against OLPC more and more.

Regards,
supat