Hosting request: Abiword on OLPC

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Tue Oct 24 12:00:16 EDT 2006

Jim Gettys wrote:
> Question: would the Abiword folks amenable to working on a branch of
> their repository, with an eventual aim it be part of their distribution?
> Then there is not even any appearance of a fork.
>
> This would be the ideal from our point of view.  If not, sure, we can
> host bits for you.

I wonder if it would make more sense to keep the "activity" part of this
in his own module on dev.laptop.org. The work to make Abiword embeddable
should obviously still go in the abiword module... That's the approach I
was planning for xbook/evince. It would be sort of strange to distribute
the activity as part of abiword since it can really run only inside sugar.

Not entirely sure myself, just raising the possibility.

Marco