Newbie questions

Mike Hunter mhunter at lusArs.net
Sat Oct 7 18:51:55 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,

I'm a software developer and I may be interested in contributing to
OLPC; I'm hoping that the list would be so kind as to point me in the
right direction.

It seems like most of the work on this list is concerned with
lower-level software as opposed to the eventual end-user applications.
Is that simply a function of where work needs to be done (obviously you
need an environment for the applications to live in) or is there a
different place where that work is happening?  Or am I missing something
big?  I'm thinking of, for example, where the work for making an
implementation of logo or other "not as core as the chat client but still
useful" type of would be going on.

I could go on, but I should make sure I'm in the right place.  Thanks
for any guidance and keep up the good work,

Mike