Please consider upgrading to Build 91, and to LinuxBIOS, if you have not done so already.

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Oct 4 17:14:40 EDT 2006

We are now very happy to announce the "It feels so good when you stop",
release: Build 91.

A pile of bugs have been fixed, and there are LinuxBIOS versions for
boards with and without Infineon RAMS.

http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=closed&order=priority can be checked to see
if your favorite bug is dead.

Please read the installation directions found at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS carefully, and make
sure you understand them, before starting the upgrade.

Build 91 again works properly with Qemu, and has had many, many bugs
fixed.

As you know, in the early conversion to LinuxBIOS, we found a hardware
problem; a mistaken choice of RAM chips.  This is good: it is the
purpose of testing.

We have made a version of LinuxBIOS for use on such boards that
sets the memory controller slow enough for those boards to work as well
as they have under Insyde's BIOS, which we believe was running at the
slower speed.

If you have already converted to LinuxBIOS on boards with the Infineon
memory, please go ahead and upgrade to the proper BIOS version for the
Infineon boards as documented. At this date, we'd like everyone running
LinuxBIOS.

Please be careful to select the correct version of LinuxBIOS to install,
depending on what RAM chips you have, as the warning in the "Upgrading
to LinuxBIOS" page says in more detail:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Warnings

                  Thank you all for your efforts!
                           - Jim Gettys