lzma with TCP/IP and libertas driver... and still some room

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Oct 3 20:23:24 EDT 2006

Any time you are unrouted, you have limited your system management
options.

In this case, to the local island, forcing that any software repository
to also  be local.  So you've just foreclosed other options.

There may be times when you have sufficient bandwidth you'd prefer to
have fewer repositories....
                                  - Jim

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 20:18 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> What's the real use case for having to include IPv6?  As far as I can
> tell the only use case is local re-installation of operating system.
>
> We can certainly make assumptions about the local network.  Need to do a
> re-install?  Use the non-routed local IPv4 network that's supplied by
> the server or another client running a special app that's once again
> IPv4 based.  No need to include all that extra code in the ROM and we
> save ourselves a huge amount of time.
>
> --Chris
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child