[Trac #244] Need /boot/olpc-boot.fth files in builds, in addition to current .sh

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 2 11:11:04 EST 2006

Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Because we're not dickheads and are willing to take reasonable efforts
> to give people the ability to continue to upgrade?

What? How does not supporting a direct upgrade from a ridiculously
outdated and time-expired BIOS make us dickheads? These are not end
users! The developer board program has its responsibilities -- one of
them is to heed our update requests. People not willing to do so months
after they go out are not a use case we should spend any time on supporting.

> In all seriousness, we might be able to say that you have to upgrade
> more than once.

That's precisely what the last sentence of my mail was saying.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D