Getting developer boards to talk to eachother.

MBurns maburns at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 01:49:44 EST 2006

(Wasn't sure if I should send this to networking@, devel-board@, or devel at .
My apologies if this is the wrong choice.)

Problem: Mesh networking (dev board to dev board) does not work. Peer
discovery, Mesh View, etc, does not seem to function.

Scenario:
* 2 a-test boards
* both on build 133 (latest),
* 2nd generation (the updated version) wireless card,

Both boards are detecting an in-range wireless network (so they are
functioning). The boards don't seem to self-assign themselves address, and
putting them on the same 192.168.1/24 subnet didn't help either. Should this
be an automatic thing, or is it a known issue?

Any thoughts on what I might do to troubleshoot? I'm giving a talk to a
Portland LUG on Thursday and would love to have them working for
demonstrations.

--
Michael Burns
Oregon State University