[OLPC-devel] OLPC development project organization. Status calls? Other techniques?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed May 31 20:06:28 EDT 2006

If someone is expert at setting up Asterisk, I suspect I may be able to
get a machine ordered to run it on and support VOIP.  We've talked about
doing so, and need to do so someday, but have been too flat out to
afford the learning curve of learning to manage Asterisk.

Calling out from Asterisk to POTS is pretty simple to arrange as well:
Broadvoice (www.broadvoice.com) is happy to inter-operate with Asterisk
servers, so we don't have to deal with conventional phone carriers at
all if we don't want to.

Any volunteers to help with Asterisk configuration?  If so, I'll
investigate getting a machine.
                              Regards,
                                - Jim

--