[OLPC-devel] Embedded Controller and Serial Flash ROM

Ray.Tseng at quantatw.com Ray.Tseng at quantatw.com
Mon May 29 21:37:39 EDT 2006

Carl,
	Attachment is the EC code used in A-test board, the current size is 18K. But Quanta is still working on battery management code now. The size will grow rapidly, please reserve 64K for final EC.
	The SPI ROM is 1MB in A-test board, please combine the EC code in the lowest (ie. beginning) address of flash.
	The EC  takes care 1) Event detect 2) Power on/off 3) battery management 4) Keyboard/mouse etc.
	The EC code control the power on sequence, it run before the BIOS
	The EC code can not be compressed.

Ray Tseng 5/30/06