[OLPC-devel] hypercard/authorware

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Fri May 26 20:26:49 EDT 2006

Funny you should ask...

There are two things underway.

Alan Kay has been doing a version of a wiki that can include code
objects, rather than just text and media.  See www.logowiki.net for a
demo of some of what he's up to.

Andreas Raab has been working on a Croquet technology based sort of
shared hypercard kind of system: I haven't seen that run yet, though I
gather it is running at some level.
                                     Regards,
                                           - Jim

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 20:43 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if it's planned an hypercard-like app for the laptop.
>
> Have read about using a wiki as an ebook reader with programmable
> content, but I think that coding HTML+JavaScript/Logo could not be the
> best environment for a educational content creator.
>
> Is being considered to include in the platform a sugar-activity for
> creating/running multimedia content in an hypercard-fashion?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Tomeu

Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child