[OLPC-devel] you can try this

Goodrich,Steven steven.goodrich at amd.com
Thu May 25 18:33:24 EDT 2006

Sorry for breaking that 64k limit; I'm not sure how else we could get VG
(graphics) support.

I'm trying to build the LinuxBIOS image, but it's asking for a payload
and I'm not sure what to give it. I'll grab a new snapshot in a few
minutes and try building again.

Hmm... How are we going to get VSA into the LinuxBIOS distribution so
others can build?

I also need to get a new MSR list from the current build (with the
new/bigger VSA) to see how much of the VG is being initialized (if any),
and then to make a list of what else needs to be initialized.

Egad... 20 years in the industry (Low-level PC/Windows), and I feel like
a babe in Linuxland.

    -- Steve G.

Steve Goodrich (Steven.Goodrich at amd.com)
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.