[OLPC-devel] Linux "bootloader" image - build instructions?

Goodrich,Steven steven.goodrich at amd.com
Thu May 25 13:34:01 EDT 2006

One of my goals right now is to get graphics working with OLPC.  We have
the ability to build Linux images, but I'm missing some info.  As I
understand it, the boot sequence goes something like this: LinuxBIOS
loads a small Linux kernel (a "bootloader") from the ROM, which in turn
loads the Linux OS image from the NAND flash.

In order to get an image I can build/test with:
Where can I find instructions and a component list for the "bootloader"
Linux image (in the ROM)?
Where can I find instructions and a component list for the full Linux OS
image (in NAND flash)?

Thanks!

    -- Steve G.

Steve Goodrich (Steven.Goodrich at amd.com <mailto:Steven.Goodrich at amd.com>