[OLPC-devel] What to do with 30 part-time student developers?

Mark J. Foster mfoster at laptop.org
Tue May 16 19:36:39 EDT 2006

Hi, Ron!

I agree with your list, but the problem is that power management is
extremely complex, and needs folks that are quite skilled at low-level
code, minimal resource requirements, fast execution, etc (at least our
power management code will require this).  While it's possible that
these students may have the necessary expertise, it's not common.  On
the other hand, they may well be a good choice for more user-facing code
(i.e. power management configuration, as compared to core PM and driver
code).

Cheers!
MarkF