[OLPC-devel] (no subject)

piumarta at speakeasy.net piumarta at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 21 11:42:39 EDT 2006

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply!

> > md: autorun DONE.
> > RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> > No filesystem could mount root, tried: ext2, iso9660
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
>
> What images were you using, or did you try doing a normal Fedora install
> (ie, boot from boot.iso then net install?)

I followed the instructions posted here:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php/Installing_Fedora_Core

using images/diskboot.img on a USB stick to install the snapshot from:

    http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/rawhide-snapshots/2006-05-27-0237/

onto a Seagate USB drive.  After applying the post-install fixes for USB drivers and init I can't get past the panic.

Regards,
Ian