[OLPC-devel] PS/2 connectors. (CN23)

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at aehallh.com
Thu Jul 27 12:07:18 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:15:41PM +0530, Cherian George wrote:
> I tried to find this connector but it was not being sold as a single unit.
> There seems to be a picture of this type of connector at
> http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2protocol/

Actually, the SDL connector is something a bit different, it's the
connector used by old IBM Model M keyboards to connect the cable to the
keyboard itself.

> I am quite sure that tyco manufactures this kind of connector.
>
> I got myself a ps/2 ($1) female plug and a 6 core cable to utilize cn23.

Ah, it looks like I'll be able to take a slightly different approach,
but that's not a bad way to go.

> By the way which are  the touch pad pins you mentioned?

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Notes_on_using_the_OLPC_developer_boards

According to that pins 1 and 2 are TP data and clock, used for the
mouse/touchpad as opposed to the keyboard.

Regards.
Zephaniah E. Hull.