[OLPC-devel] writing nand flash on OLPC

John R. jhoger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 15:55:55 EDT 2006

On 7/26/06, Drew Van Zandt <drew.vanzandt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can one purchase these 1 MB flash chips?  I searched Newark and
> got nothing, I'll try a few others but a word from someone on the list
> would probably be more effective.
>
> --DTVZ

Couldn't find any on Digikey either. Is this an end-of-lifed part or
is it so new no one is using it?

What does the 'b' stand for (I get a lot more hits in Google if I leave it out).

Maybe there is a higher storage capacity part that is compatible?

Does the OLPC project have a cache of these flash parts hidden
somewhere? Obviously it made sense to someone to use spec this chip.

-- John.