[OLPC-devel] committed goodrich mods

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 21 15:34:30 EDT 2006

compiles fine for rumba and OLPC.

tested on OLPC, NOT TESTED ON RUMBA

So this working rev is 2345, and if you want the 'right before goodrich
changes' rev, that is 2344.

Steve's 'hang linux pci scan' was confirmed. Steve the problem is in
ChipsetFlashSetup, and I am not sure where. However, it's my problem now
:-) but really :-(

I have made the use of this function controlled by the variable
setupflash in the northbridge_amd_gx2_config struct, and you can set or
clear in the mainboard Config.lb, viz:
.
.
.
chip northbridge/amd/gx2
         register "irqmap" = "0xaa5b"
         register "setupflash" = "0"
.
.
.

If setupflash is set to "1", well, hang on pci scan in linux.

That said, why do we have to do this at all? The flash is working fine
for me without this function enabled. I can read and write it and do all
kinds of stuff.

What does this function do that we need?

now that I am caught up on goodrich patches, I am going to see if I can
finally get this NAND flash to boot a kernel and come up in OLPC ...

one last thing. I am noticing that the screen looks less flickery. Is it
my imagination? Did something get fixed in all this? Or is it because I
am looking at it in sunlight? It just looks better, did I miss some
improvement you guys at AMD made?

I'm going to go for broke, mount the NAND flash, and start X just to see
how it goes.

thanks

ron