[OLPC-devel] Re: BIOS Flash Disaster Recovery

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 21 12:06:11 EDT 2006

Mark J. Foster wrote:

> One thing is clear. Let's make sure that the "standard" Flash update
> utility leaves the EC code intact when possible, for that'll save
> everyone a lot of heartburn. Beyond that point, I'm starting to wonder
> if it will be worth the effort to try to make CN20 more accessible
> externally...

Thanks mark.

I am changing the Config.lb for linuxbios today to be (1M-64K) instead
of 1M. the flash utility will NEVER touch the low 64K -- it will be
"hardwired" so it can't. If you want to reflash the EC, that will be a
seperate utility. So we'll have some software firewalls against mucking
with the EC.

What kind of cheapo connector could you do that would allow for CN20
extension?

ron