[OLPC-devel] I'm blocked from testing the SPI flashing tool

Ray.Tseng at quantatw.com Ray.Tseng at quantatw.com
Thu Jul 20 21:00:43 EDT 2006

Ron,
	As you asked SPI BIOS ROM should be conflicted with the FWH BIOS ROM. But it just works.
	The EC fetch code from SPI ROM; and CPU fetch code from FWH ROM.
	The EC code is the first 64K in SPI ROM, it can not be destroyed. Otherwise you can not power on the system.

 	You are right, just try to erase/program  64K~1M area at this moment

	Finally there will be no PLCC, the SPI ROM layout will be
	1) 64K EC
	2) 64K VSA
	3) ?K payload
	4) 32K Linuxbios
	sometimes EC update is also required, we should have 0~1M reflash ability then.

Ray Tseng 7/21/06