[OLPC-devel] FC install woes, solved.

John Marshall jmarshall at ncsoft.com
Thu Jul 20 11:00:23 EDT 2006

In case anyone else is having the same problem...

Following the FC install process on the wiki resulted in lock ups during
the install process when it was installing packages.  Tried it about 15
times (in the hope that it was a transient network issue :) and on one
of those attempts I finally got an error "journal commit I/O error".
Research indicated that this can be a USB disk problem.  Guessing that
the USB disk controller might not be as Linux compatible as I'd hoped I
ordered another USB disk interface.  It just arrived this morning and
the install worked first time.

ttfn,
John