[OLPC-devel] Weekly work summary [7/12]

Nitin Gupta nitingupta.mail at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 11:18:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

This is work done this week:

-- Understand git enough so I don't mess up repo very often :)
-- Real work: Compressed caching:

I'm having a _very_ hard time fixing all things related to vswap.
Especially, storing and restoring pages that have multiple PTEs pointing
to them. Many code paths assume there must be block device associated
with a swap and they OOPS when they deal with vswap. Also, there's a
problem that vswap once full, can't be reused. Fixing this is taking so
much time (and is not yet fixed).

So, where is project now?
-- Working on to make storing and restoring anon pages to/from vswap
stable. This is base of ccaching for anon pages.
-- I know handling filesystem backed pages will have additional issues
but had no time looking at them for now.

Fixing vswap issues, as above, are taking longer than expected and are
still not over. So, I don't know what to expect next week.

Once this goes stable, I'll integrate compression structure with it to
have a functional ccaching for anon pages.

See you next Sunday...hopefully with some good code :)

Cheers,
Nitin Gupta