[OLPC-devel] SLACKWARE sucessfully run OLPC with sound and wireless work flawless at the same time in Thailand on-line

supat at supat.eu.org supat at supat.eu.org
Sun Jul 16 02:21:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

After some hard working, finally , I made OLPC to run using slackware 10.2
on the line with wireless and sound to work correctly at:

telnet 158.108.149.92 110
login: zxc
pwd: love4linux

I put in xfce and fvwm2 to work as X-windows on usb-storage limitation.

Please advise.

regards,
supat
ps. I notice speed of wireless varied between 11 to 54 mb by now :)

eth0      MRVL-USB8388  ESSID:"KUWIN"  Nickname:"zxc555"
           Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Access Point:
00:17:0E:91:CC:70
           Bit Rate:36 Mb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm
           Retry limit:8   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr=2346 B
           Encryption key:off
           Power Management:off
           Link Quality:0/10  Signal level:-72 dBm  Noise level:-94 dBm
           Tx excessive retries:117  Invalid misc:231   Missed beacon:0

sit0      no wireless extensions.