[OLPC-devel] Boot tasks?

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 14 12:35:30 EDT 2006

Richard Smith wrote:
> The weeked approaches and thats when I have most time to do OLPC stuff.
>
> My current status is that I can build images with buildrom that boot
> and drop me to an ash shell but I can't seem to get a disk mounted.  I
> always get an error.

what's the error? Note that you have to have /proc mounted to mount
anything, now adays.

mkdir /proc /m
mknod s b 8 1 (for usb)
mount -t proc none /proc
mount s m

ron

>   Do we want an init or just a single script that does stuff?

I vote single script. We're going to run out of flash. We're already
talking putting pretty pictures and gui in there ... I still think we're
going to run out.

> I'll start building up the necessary stuff for inclusion in buildrom
> if I can get a sort of concensus on the direction to take.

I still vote simple but capable, which means limited eye candy and lots
of commands.

ron